Monday, June 25, 2007

Hebrews 2- Paying Attention

Seems like we're in a limbo after all, so I decided to just take up Chapter 2 as I've nothing much to do in the office now :P

Talking about 'paying attention', sometimes I wonder how often I actually pay attention to the things around me. Take the simple stuff like paying attention to the needs of our loved ones. Very often, I could sadly confess that I'm not very observant and aware of the needs of my loved ones (and the people around me). I wouldn't know if my family member is goin' thru some rough patch unless it is plastered on his/her face or unless he/she shares it with me. I'm pretty easily distracted with the other things of this world, even at work! *lol*

"We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away... God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to His will." ~ Hebrews 2:1 & 4

Many things in this world distracts us from our main focus. Sometimes we get so caught up in the world (work, studies, having fun, etc) that we lose sight of God. We can spend 8 hours in uni or at work, 5 hours for sleeping, 3 hours on eating our 3 meals, 1 hour for our baths, 6.5 hours doodling, and the 1/2 hour left for the Lord (sometimes none for the Lord!!). Not to forget, when troubles avalanche on us, we'll spend most of the day worrying & forgetting that the Lord is still good no matter what happens! Our eyes will be blinded by our troubles & we'll just not see His simple miracles taking place in our lives. Does it happen often to you?

Whatever happens to us, we are reminded to not ignore the great salvation and wonderful blessings of the Lord. People may say a lot of things to put out our faith, but we are reminded time after time to stand firm in the Lord. God is always for us & with us :) Are we walking closely with Him each day? The Lord is a prayer away. He waits for us to run back to Him just like a son running back to his Father :)

"Because He Himself suffered when He was tempted, He is able to help those who are being tempted." ~ Hebrews 2:18

1 comment:

Jyannie said...

*waves hand*

I agree when you say "we'll spend most of the day worrying & forgetting that the Lord is still good no matter what happens!" That's something I'll need to work on, but it's hard. Re-programming the mind's tough work!

Sometimes getting caught up with 'taking care of ourselves' can also leave us ineffective in paying attention to the needs of others.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! =)